Category Archives: Birth
Dear Mother Earth,
The day my soul was given a name, was the day I was taken away. Like a caterpillar, with one aim, to grow… change… fly, and find you again. Dying alone is delicately defined as dying in a loveless tone. My deepest fear isn’t the inevitable act but the unpredictable, lonely journey. Oh if only I could have you near. Though, only … When love is still warm in my heart I can die. And so I’m alive, I cannot stop until I find It. It keeps my light sparking the trail. It lifts me up high. And when it’s time to die I don’t feel alone with my beautiful memories. I sleep with my friends. Details are beyond my reach, but the feelings hold my peace. I can smile. This is my Truth. It’s true because it is in my thoughts. I can feel It with all my heart that pumps the warmth through my blood. I’m dead in my head.
This is a letter from Venus to Mother Earth in my first novel, Do It Like A Dance. Read it like a poem.
- Touching Story – Letter from a Mother to Daughter (christiansinspirational.com)
- Dear Mother Earth… May we always care for you… (thedailysisterhood.wordpress.com)
- The family tussle over my dear Mum’s heirlooms that’s shown me the best gift we can give the next generation (dailymail.co.uk)
- james baldwin: my dungeon shook: letter to my nephew on the 100th anniversary of the emancipation (blkcowrie.wordpress.com)
- Earth Is Closest to the Sun for 2013 Today (space.com)
The poems: A Place For My tentative Birth and Her Big Beautiful Eyes by Maria Grujicic, featured in my book, Sudden Clarity!
The Music is by Kevin MacLeod
Please visit his page with awesome Royalty Free music. This beautiful piece is called Skye Cuillin.
For more audios of the poms in the book, go to: http://suddenclaritymalena.wordpress.com/
Keep On Dancing!
- FastPencil (cfcspn.com)
I’m pleased to announce that my poetry book “SUDDEN CLARITY” is out now. It is so far my best work and I couldn’t have done it without my artist friends from around the world. And of course my husband who is also an artist!
No words are enough to describe my feelings.
Keep on dancing!
To read the REVIEWS Click here.
Whenever you find lack of inspiration, look to the sky and open your heart.
I hope you enjoy my first attempt at making a film.
I kept it simple and easy.
T o d a y I w a s f e e l i n g a l i t t l e d i f f e r e n t .
And so I did something very different.
I was alone with the sun
And it shone on me
The colors of its rays
Called to me
I followed them with my eyes
and what I was able to see
Set them free
Thank you for listening,
Maria Grujicic, Artist name Malena
My beautiful poem.
You are like that blanket.
You are open to those who see.
Those who hear.
Those who listen to me.
It is how I have found my voice.
Through my words will find it.
Will find my way.
My poem, it comes from within.
And inspired to grow.
With life and the intimate things I know.
I am inspired by it.
I like it.
I have an unconditional love for it.
I want to draw it.
The love for her is sweetly unexpected.
It is mild.
Like the heart of a child.
It breathes and grows.
In two worlds like the dolphin in the sea.
One breath above water for you and below it dwells for me.
By Maria Grujicic
*Artist name, Malena*
I found this poem in some notes I had for writing my novel. It was timely so because lately I seemed to have lost inspiration to write poetry. I’m not sure why… is it simply writer’s block, or do I need to shift myself to that space again where I was writing poetry? My poems are like the breaths I take, and they do take on different forms, as I continue to create in my spare time. Feel free to share your views and opinions, and as always I’m thrilled when people like my posts.
Thank you for reading.
If the writing is honest it cannot be separated from the man who wrote it. Tennessee Williams
- “Poetic April” – A NaPoWriMo Blog (christiangoth.wordpress.com)
- I See Spring! A Poem For Children (poemsthatdance.com)
- Finding Time To Write (prefacme.com)
- Poetry @ Tech Review: Dawes and Bottoms (samanthawang1102.wordpress.com)
- To Rhyme or Not To Rhyme? (bardicblogger.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Tips (fresh1nk.wordpress.com)
- Writer’s Block (dreamhorde.wordpress.com)
- The Stem Of My Art (prefacme.com)
- less (bonokutty.wordpress.com)
- Me and my poems (fewfleetingmoments.wordpress.com)
- NaPoWriMo Day #12 – Circle, dizzy, the Poem. (consciencenonsense.wordpress.com)
- Best Android apps for poets and poetry lovers (androidauthority.com)
- Perfect Poem (deepcovewritinggroup.wordpress.com)
- Poem: Children (khilleryspoems.wordpress.com)
- What a Poem Is (robinreagler.wordpress.com)
I just finished putting together a poetry book that I really love. It has a very different flavor from my other books for various reasons, but mainly because of the setting. The people who have been following me will know that I have moved back to my home city from Europe. I now live in a very tropical environment with not a lot of people in sight. With distance a barrier, and the expanse of the horizon, nature is more visible. The sense of reality is different here in Darwin, Australia. It has its own set of challenges along with its pleasures, and certainly a huge transition period for me. Change is the underlying theme of my poems and this includes memories of home, transition of times, and adapting to the new.
If you are interested in reviewing my poetry book, you can either join my Facebook fan page where I will be posting the link, or add me as a friend on Fastpencil. This is particularly useful if you would like to some day publish a book yourself! I hope to soon find the resources to do up an audio CD of my poems as well. If anyone has advice on this, I most welcome it!
You are also welcome to join me on Twitter!
I look forward to your comments!
Thank you for reading,
Maria Grujicic *Malena*
The scariest moment is always just before you start.Stephen King
- many forms of poetry (ellenolinger.wordpress.com)
- The Stem Of My Art (prefacme.com)
- I Love Poetry (eternalneko.wordpress.com)
- Jamaican Poet Ishion Hutchinson Interviewed by Leanne Hayes (repeatingislands.com)
- April is National Poetry Month (survivingtothriving.wordpress.com)
- Paradoxical Poetry (bus9toparadise.wordpress.com)
- One Little Caterpillar Finger Puppets (onelittlecaterpillar.wordpress.com)
- Poetry in Motion: Poet’s House (storywritingstudio.wordpress.com)
- Want to Win Wong’s Latest Poetry Collection? (laurasalas.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Competition second prize: Ponting, by Samantha Wynne-Rhydderch (guardian.co.uk)
- Books I Wish I Had (elizabethwillse.com)
- The Magical Origins Of My Songs (prefacme.com)
- My Personally Inspiring Author Riane Eisler (prefacme.com)
- Introducing Malena (poemsthatdance.com)
- The Carrying Of A Dream (likeadance.wordpress.com)
- Poem by a Non-Poet! Reply ‘Poested’ (prefacme.com)
- How I Use Fantasy & Imagination To Write (prefacme.com)
- Hi There With News! (poemsthatdance.com)
- Poem by a Non-Poet! (prefacme.com)
- National Poetry Competition winning poem: To the Lighthouse, by Allison McVety (guardian.co.uk)
- Explore Poetry in April (caterpillartooth.wordpress.com)
Rain arrived one night
Like plentiful ripples of rivers
Blessed with watered light
Of a trillion subtle droplets of mirrors
That marked the moon on the earth
And colors of sun gave immaculate birth
To a dotted rainbow that filled the skies
Brought fire to water,
Turned darkness to day
As I watched the elements together at play
A cause to further explore
A question that calls for more
Is there water in the universe?
And is there a place for my tentative birth?
By Maria Grujicic (Malena)
I loved words. I love to sing them and speak them and even now, I must admit, I have fallen into the joy of writing them.
— Anne Rice