As another year goes by, and with Spring coming to sprout, I recall the period when I started to write my poems. It was a time when I found my career at a stop and I did a lot of walking and exploring around the neighborhood where I lived, in Frankfurt, Germany.
To my readers who have followed me- you will know it was the suburb of Bornheim, the most inspirational place of residence I have ever lived.
It was an atmosphere of people combined with unusual activity of animal life. It was Spring. I see Spring as a wake up call after the time of hibernation that Winter provides. I feel free in Spring, and this particular Spring was different. I saw things differently, and it was when I wrote my first poem. And unbeknown to me, it was the first poem of many more to come! It is a poem that belongs to my first poetry book, Spring And Sing.
I See Spring
I see droplets of dew
I reach them with my hand
I find them in my eyes
I touch the sun
I hold the rays in my heart
I smell smiles everywhere
I taste them in the cool air
I keep them in my lungs
I eat refreshing ice
I hear the crunch in my mouth
I meet my friends
I smell their laughter in their words
I spring for joy
I see spring
By Maria Grujicic
Do you have a place of inspiration to share? How did inspire you, and what did it inspire you to do?
Thank you for reading.
Dreams are illustrations from the book your soul is writing about you.Marsha Norman
- Hi There With News! (poemsthatdance.com)
- Come And Review My Next Poetry Book! (poemsthatdance.com)
- Poems That Dance (prefacme.com)
- SOLSC: Spring is Anew (booksavors.wordpress.com)
- Poem by a Non-Poet! Reply ‘Poested’ (prefacme.com)
- A Hundertwasser Poem & A Couple Of Hats! (onelittlecaterpillar.wordpress.com)
- The Stem Of My Art (prefacme.com)
- My First Poem… (prefacme.com)
- Monday Melting Poem Week 10 (tasmith1122.wordpress.com)
- I Sang a Poem (poemsthatdance.com)
- A Petaled Poet (poemsthatdance.com)
- The Magical Origins Of My Songs (prefacme.com)
- Introducing Amazing Free Audios By Malena of Poems That Dance! (poemsthatdance.com)
- New Poem Published (carvingoutavoice.wordpress.com)
- WIZ’s 2012 Spring Poetry Runoff Competition and Celebration is underway (motleyvision.org)