This is a page about poetry through dance.
WELCOME TO POEMS THAT DANCE
Dancer, voice artist, poet, educator
Concept: Poems That Dance -Dance to the words of a poem, Creation of a poem through dance
Main Courses: Tribal Fusion Emotionale, Dance theatre emotionale, Voice Lessons, Fusion Dance Creations, Writer’s Workshops
I have a teaching degree, specializing in music and 18 years teaching experience in schools internationally and Australia. During my university years, I joined a dance troupe and worked with Jazz, Modern, Hip-hop, Vogue and Theatrical dance performances. I also studied the drums.
In 2004 I learnt Manchegas dance, guitar and voice lessons (Albecate, Spain), Salsa (Madrid and London),
I discovered classical bellydance in 2008 in Frankfurt with Persian instructor Soraya, and explored other styles through workshops. In 2010 I discovered ATS, Gypsy Caravan, and Tribal Fusion through my friend, teacher and mentor Gala Yakovleva. I also assisted her with children’s performances.
During my time in Frankfurt I wrote and published many poems and stories for adults and children. I developed my concept, Poems That Dance.
In 2011 I joined the Darwin Dance Collective, a contemporary dance group and explored techniques with Jessica Devereux at Tracks Dance Company. I gave a workshop and created a poem through music and dance techniques with Dance Collective. I also joined a Bellydance Group and did workshops including Tribal Fusion.
In 2014 I studied Rachel Brice and Devi Mamack, and went to Deb Rubin and Kami Liddle workshops in Sydney’s Tribal Festival. I also did a writer’s workshop with Marianne Butler.
In 2015 I did various workshops at Festival Bellyfusions Paris, including Theatrical Bellydance, Contemporary, ATS, Gypsy Caravan, Hooping, and Dance Oriental Emotionale. I took a Flamenco and Ballet Class, and voice lessons with Broadway Actress Leila Valentino.
A special thank you to Anja Yakovleva who took the photo that I used to design the layout of Poems That Dance page, and a thank you to Sonja Sofia Yakovleva for the image that represents my artist’s name, Malena.
Comments and impressions are most welcome.
Thank you for visiting.
Click on the link below to answer some questions about the site. If you use Google Chrome, it will translate it to any language!
If you enjoy my blog you might like to help upkeep it.
- Poetry: Lines (ringingtrue.net)
- a safe place created with words (christinaelena.com)
- Writing As I Ride My Bike (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- poetry as meditation (parwatisingari.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Friday: “Rules for the Dance” (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Archive: Volume I Issue 11 (shinecycle.wordpress.com)
- Free Audio For The Book Poems That Dance (poemsthatdance.com)
- Bluddy Rubbish! (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- The Last Poem, I Promise, Until Next Time (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- Infinite Reality (poemsthatdance.com)
- Free Uploads Of Poems Astrella! By Bike To Australia & Back (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- A Free Audio Of Poems That Dance Inspired By Life, Love & Travel! (poemsthatdance.com)
- A Tentative Dream And A Dance (poemsthatdance.com)
- A Petaled Poet (poemsthatdance.com)
- Free Audio For The Book Poems That Dance (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)