This is a page about poetry through dance.
WELCOME TO POEMS THAT DANCE
Dancer, voice artist, poet, educator
Concept: Poems That Dance -Dance to the words of a poem, Creation of a poem through dance
MUSIC AND DANCE BIOGRAPHY
I have a Diploma of Teaching (Primary) and Bachelor of Education, specializing in music and 18 years teaching experience in schools internationally and Australia. I studied the recorder, percussion, voice, drama, guitar and an Australian Music program for primary, The Upbeat Music Program. Please look at this link for more information: http://www.upbeat.net.au/
During my university years, I joined a dance troupe and worked with Jazz, Modern, Hip-hop, Vogue and Theatrical dance performances. I also studied the drums and was in a percussion band. In addition to this I was involved in dance productions, event planning and worked in the hospitality industry whilst I studied. I also worked in a clothes fashion store. When I graduated I taught music and dance performance through the integration of curriculum in schools for at least 18 years. These experiences are detailed in my Pedagogical Curriculum Vitae.
In 2004 I learnt Manchegas dance, guitar and voice lessons (Albecate, Spain), Salsa (Madrid and London),
I discovered classical bellydance in 2008 in Frankfurt and explored other styles through workshops. In 2010 I discovered American Tribal Style, Gypsy Caravan, and Tribal Fusion. I also assisted with children’s performances.
During my time in Frankfurt I wrote and published many poems and stories for adults and children. I developed my concept, Poems That Dance (dance through poetry, poetry through dance).
In 2011 I joined the Darwin Dance Collective, a contemporary dance group and explored techniques with Jessica Devereux at Tracks Dance Company. I gave a workshop and created a poem through music and dance techniques with Dance Collective. I also joined a Bellydance Group and did workshops including Tribal Fusion. I began my interest in designing and making costumes.
In 2014 I studied Rachel Brice and Devi Mamack, and went to Deb Rubin and Kami Liddle workshops in Sydney’s Tribal Festival. I also did a writer’s workshop with Marianne Butler.
In 2015 I did various workshops at Festival Bellyfusions Paris, including Theatrical Bellydance, Contemporary, American Tribal Style, Gypsy Caravan, Hooping, and Dance Oriental Emotionale. I took a Flamenco and Ballet Class, and voice lessons with Broadway Actress Leila Valentino.
Click on the link below to answer some questions about the site. If you use Google Chrome, it will translate it to any language!
If you enjoy my blog you might like to help upkeep it.
- Poetry: Lines (ringingtrue.net)
- a safe place created with words (christinaelena.com)
- Writing As I Ride My Bike (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- poetry as meditation (parwatisingari.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Friday: “Rules for the Dance” (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- Poetry Archive: Volume I Issue 11 (shinecycle.wordpress.com)
- Free Audio For The Book Poems That Dance (poemsthatdance.com)
- Bluddy Rubbish! (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- The Last Poem, I Promise, Until Next Time (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- Infinite Reality (poemsthatdance.com)
- Free Uploads Of Poems Astrella! By Bike To Australia & Back (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)
- A Free Audio Of Poems That Dance Inspired By Life, Love & Travel! (poemsthatdance.com)
- A Tentative Dream And A Dance (poemsthatdance.com)
- A Petaled Poet (poemsthatdance.com)
- Free Audio For The Book Poems That Dance (musicdforcommunication.wordpress.com)