To Keep Or Not To Keep The Last Phrase In This Poem?
A Backdrop For A Theatrical Play
A name is like the appearance of a face in a dark shadow.
Isn’t that the face of wisdom?
Dream walking along the path
Alone physically and unaccompanied mentally.
My writing comes from my heart
I illustrate my feelings like a work of art
They are the reflections of my dreams
And they are true
Because they live in my head
The written text
It is the stuff we don’t normally say
I woke up to a new poem and a new day
I tried to look back
To make out the meaning
But it was too dark
And there was nothing I could do
By Maria Grujicic,
Artist name, Malena
I’m spending some time looking over my poems for my next poetry book, and I thought about adding the last phrase ‘But play’… My instinct tells me to leave it, but another part of me feels it is not doing justice to the intelligence of the audience…and the more I read it the more I agree… What do you think?
Please note> All poems are copyright.
And as always, thank you for reading!
- “Full Page Ad” as an illustrated poem (teresaedmond.wordpress.com)
- A Breath And A Poem (poemsthatdance.com)
- Favourite Poems…………. Emily Dickinson (confesionsofabookaholic.wordpress.com)
- Poems and things from NapoWrimO 2012 (poetart.wordpress.com)
- Locomotion (shelflove.wordpress.com)
- Book Spine Poems (suebe.wordpress.com)
- Vouched Visitors: “Poem” by Rachel Zucker (vouchedbooks.com)
- Poetry Friday: 1936′s final bow (followingpulitzer.wordpress.com)
- I See Spring! A Poem For Children (poemsthatdance.com)
- Blinded By The I (poemsthatdance.com)
- One life, one love… (confessionsofadizzyblonde.wordpress.com)
- A New World & A New Poem (prefacme.com)
- The Novel I Didn’t Want To Publish (prefacme.com)
- “Woken up” for my Dreams ……….The Poem by Nandini Goel. (nandinigoel.wordpress.com)
- The Greatest Epiphany of My Life (sabinianabalagtasbaliba.com)
- Spring Acrostic Poems (lets-explore.net)
- Paralytic girl writes poetry by mouth (lookatvietnam.com)