I just finished putting together a poetry book that I really love. It has a very different flavor from my other books for various reasons, but mainly because of the setting.
The people who have been following me will know that I have moved back to my home city from Europe. I now live in a very tropical environment with not a lot of people in sight. With distance a barrier, and the expanse of the horizon, nature is more visible.
The sense of reality is different here in Darwin, Australia. It has its own set of challenges along with its pleasures, and certainly a huge transition period for me. Change is the underlying theme of my poems and this includes memories of home, transition of times, and adapting to the new.
This is particularly useful if you would like to some day publish a book yourself! I hope to soon find the resources to do up an audio CD of my poems as well. If anyone has advice on this, I most welcome it!
You are also welcome to join me on Twitter!
I look forward to your comments!
Thank you for reading,
Maria Grujicic *Malena*
The scariest moment is always just before you start.Stephen King
- many forms of poetry (ellenolinger.wordpress.com)
- The Stem Of My Art (prefacme.com)
- I Love Poetry (eternalneko.wordpress.com)
- Jamaican Poet Ishion Hutchinson Interviewed by Leanne Hayes (repeatingislands.com)
- April is National Poetry Month (survivingtothriving.wordpress.com)
- Paradoxical Poetry (bus9toparadise.wordpress.com)
- One Little Caterpillar Finger Puppets (onelittlecaterpillar.wordpress.com)
- Poetry in Motion: Poet’s House (storywritingstudio.wordpress.com)
- Want to Win Wong’s Latest Poetry Collection? (laurasalas.wordpress.com)
- National Poetry Competition second prize: Ponting, by Samantha Wynne-Rhydderch (guardian.co.uk)
- Books I Wish I Had (elizabethwillse.com)
- The Magical Origins Of My Songs (prefacme.com)
- My Personally Inspiring Author Riane Eisler (prefacme.com)
- Introducing Malena (poemsthatdance.com)
- The Carrying Of A Dream (likeadance.wordpress.com)
- Poem by a Non-Poet! Reply ‘Poested’ (prefacme.com)
- How I Use Fantasy & Imagination To Write (prefacme.com)
- Hi There With News! (poemsthatdance.com)
- Poem by a Non-Poet! (prefacme.com)
- National Poetry Competition winning poem: To the Lighthouse, by Allison McVety (guardian.co.uk)
- Explore Poetry in April (caterpillartooth.wordpress.com)